Privacy & Personal Data
On 25th May 2018 the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) replaces the Data Protection Act 1998. This makes it easier for you to understand what personal data is held and how it is used, and ensures that it is used transparently, fairly and lawfully. To this aim Railtec hereby gives notice:
- When you place an order, you are choosing to provide your data (name, address, email address and order details) so that the order may be processed.
- You are choosing to provide your data to be stored electronically for as long as is necessary to run our business efficiently, so that we or you may be able to refer to a contact request or order at a later date if needed. This may be particularly useful for example if we implement the functionality for you to be able to view all your previous orders in one portal.
- When you navigate through or input data on the Railtec site, or contact Railtec or a member of the Railtec Community via the Contact form, email, request item feature, instant message, phonecall or any other means of communication, you are choosing to provide your data (where applicable: name, email address, post code, country of residence, IP address and nature of query) to be stored electronically on our database and/or our email server. This may be shared as applicable for fraud and crime prevention purposes, as well as enabling your interaction to be responded to, followed through to conclusion and/or referred to at a later date if required such that the business may be conducted as fluently and in as helpful a manner as possible.
- Your personal data (i.e. data which explicitly identifies you as an individual) does not get shared with any entity for any purpose unless you explicitly agree that we may do so, unless for the means of fraud and crime prevention.
- You have the right:
- to complain to the ICO if you think there is a problem with the way your data is being handled;
- to be informed;
- of access;
- to rectification;
- to erasure;
- to restrict processing;
- to data portability;
- to object;